Sunday, November 29, 2015

Advent Musings 2015

Advent Musings Day 1.
Advent is about waiting and preparing. I don't know about you, but when I wait and prepare for guests, sometimes the preparing is just as much fun as when the guests (the day) arrives. I find that is how Christmas Day is for me. I guess that this is why you see me getting excited for Christmas starting in spring or summer. And just like a successful dinner party where we start talking about the next one, and how to make it better, I even think about Christmas for the next year as I take down my decorations.
I guess for me, it's about making connections, creating and sustaining relationships. I look forward to celebrating this time of Advent with all of you, in all the various and bumbling ways it might go for us. Please feel free to share your stories and pictures of Advent (waiting and preparing) with me.

And may we also remember that part of waiting is sitting and doing nothing amongst all the bustling.

No comments: